'In the Cyclades archipelago, off the coast of a not-yet unified Greece, the great cities (Sparta, Athens, Corinth, Thebes and Argos) are growing and struggling against one another to establish their supremacy, under the benevolent gaze of the Gods'.
Raise capital, honour the Gods and maybe hire a monster or two, in order for your fraction to rise and become rulers of Greece.
Victory requires respect for all the gods - players cannot afford to sacrifice to only one god, but must pay homage to each of five gods in turn. Each turn, the players bid for the favors of the gods, as only one player can have the favor of each god per turn - and each player is also limited to the favor of a single god per turn.
- Ares allows the movement of player armies and the building of Fortresses.
- Poseidon allows players to move their navies and build Ports.
- Zeus allows his followers to hire priests and build temples.
- Athena provides her worshipers with philosophers and universities.
- Apollo increases the income of his worshipers.
- Playing Time
- 90 minutes
- 13 and up
- Min Players
- Max Players
- Year Published
- Bruno Cathala
Cyclades is an engrossing game
Cyclades is an engrossing game of auctioning and area-control and I cannot recommend it enough. But if I had one complaint it is that the game arrived with one of the large creature miniatures broken and when I contacted this site I did not receive any response. boardgamer.ie is usually very prompt but It has been a number of months now without a reply.