By buying this product you can collect up to 36 points. Your cart will total 36 points that can be converted into a voucher of €0.72.
A clever tile-laying game in which 2 to 6 players build the city and surrounding land of Carcassonne.
Carcassonne is a tile-placement game in which the players draw and place a tile with a piece of southern French landscape on it. The tile might feature a city, a road, a cloister, grassland or some combination thereof, and it must be placed adjacent to tiles that have already been played, in such a way that cities are connected to cities, roads to roads, etcetera. Having placed a tile, the player can then decide to place one of his meeples on one of the areas on it: on the city as a knight, on the road as a robber, on a cloister as a monk, or on the grass as a farmer. When that area is complete, that meeple scores points for its owner.
During a game of Carcassonne, players are faced with decisions like: "Is it really worth putting my last meeple there?" or "Should I use this tile to expand my city, or should I place it near my opponent instead, giving him a hard time to complete his project and score points?" Since players place only one tile and have the option to place one meeple on it, turns proceed quickly even if it is a game full of options and possibilities.
This edition includes the River expansion as well as a new mini-expansion: The Abbot.
- 2004 Vuoden Perhepeli Winner.
- 2002 Årets Spel Winner, Best Family Game.
- 2001 Spiel des Jahres Winner, Game of the Year.
- 2001 Deutscher Spiele Preis Winner, Game of the Year.
- 2001 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Nominee, Game of the Year.
- 2001 Spiel der Spiele Hit Games with Friends Winner.
- 2000 Meeples' Choice Award Winner.
- Playing Time
- 45 minutes
- 8 and up
- Min Players
- Max Players
- Year Published
- Klaus-Jurgen Wrede
- 2001 Spiel des Jahres Winner
- Area Control / Area Influence
- City Building